Friday, April 15, 2016

Mixing and Matching Magic Part 2

I apologize for the delay in getting this layout posted!  I took my hubs to have a hernia repaired today, and didn't quite get this written up before we left.  He is doing great, and I just might have a crafty day tomorrow while he heals up!  :)

Here is my Easter layout featuring not 1, not 2, but THREE different Close to My Heart My Reflections paper packs! Mixing and matching papers is a bit intimidating at first, but once you start, the possibilities are endless!


I started off interestingly enough, with the title word, "happy" in the Penelope Complements.


I cut this half of my title on my Cricut Explore with the Artistry Cartridge.  I love the little patterns in the Fundamentals Papers...this one is Canary in the Whimsy Collection.

I colored my silver sequins with the ShinHan Alcohol ink markers to match!

I had a couple of obstacles to overcome when putting this layout together...one of those being my complete lack of knowledge as to when this particular egg hunt took place, lol.  That was easy enough to remedy by using the Fundamentals Stickers for the year...I just left the last number off for when I can find the date...and a blank journaling box.

These eggs were cut on my Cricut in a pattern from the Kaleidoscope Paper Pack.

The second issue I dealt with was my kiddo's choice of "Easter" egg hunt clothing, lol.  She is a die-hard Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks Fan, so her wardrobe is HEAVILY red.  My Penelope Paper is PERFECT for this with that touch of red in the PML card sheet, but I needed to pull in a strip of Ruby from the Regatta Paper Pack to add a bit more...

LOVE these glittery Playful Puffies!

I adore how this grass turned out!  I used the Limeade Washi stuck to White Daisy CS and my Fiskars grass border punch to create a little border on two photos...

Did you notice one of my favorite features of CTMH paper packs?  That yellow woodgrain pattern is a ZIP strip! What is a zip strip?  It is a 1/2 inch strip of paper along the side of each of our 12 x 12 pattern papers--once you cut it off there is a true 12 x 12 paper left, plus you have another embellishment that coordinates with your papers!  :)

Many of the supplies I used are available in the Workshops Your Way Penelope Scrapbooking Kit.
This makes it super-easy to have embellishments that coordinate with your papers.  It also provides you with a download that gives you directions for making three layouts and even some cards!  Most of the products I used are not available after April, so be sure to check them out soon!

Only in April!

PLUS, earn a FREE Cricut Collection!  Only in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!