Monday, March 3, 2014

A Lollydoodle Case Study

Hey everyone!  It is a brand new week, so let's kick it off with another Case Study! 

This week, Danielle Flanders is the muse for Case Study #180, and she has a gorgeous little card creation that really spoke to me. 


I knew that I could replicate several of her design details with my Close to My Heart stash, so I dug out a retired Die-cut Kraft card base and my Lollydoodle Paper Packet and got to work.  My Shimmer Trim decided to get in on the action again as it usually does!  I thought the scallop on the edge of this card was perfect with the muse creation.  


I used several different products for this project, including a stamp and die from MFT, Verve Bloom and Grow Dies and Stamp, and the Close to My Heart Big Hug My Acrylix.  I altered the sentiment by masking off the words one at a time to make it fit the frame from MFT.  My Pear Exclusive Ink looked fantastic stamped over this pattern paper from Lollydoodle.  I topped the Cotton Candy CS flower off with a gem from the Lollydoodle Assortment.  I was even able to use the muse card as inspiration for the scalloped edge on the White Daisy CS by using the new Scallop Border Punch


These elements all came together in Danielle's card so beautifully, and I was able to easily reproduce the look with my own products!  Thanks to Case Study for highlighting this gorgeous card and providing some awesome inspiration!

Do you ever see a card that you would like to make your own version of?  This is one of the best ways to overcome a lack of mojo sometimes.  Why don't you give it a try?  Don't forget to give credit for your inspiration! 

Don't forget to check out the specials over at my website this month!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!