Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A New Challenge with Artiste

Welcome to my little blogspot of the world!  I am trying a new challenge for the first time, so you might be popping by my blog for the first time.  If you are, thanks so much for taking a peek!  :)

I have been wanting to try and join in with the Case Study Challenge Blog for a while, and I finally jumped in for a special card I needed to make.  My hubby's Uncle Snaz is turning 80 on the 20th, and he doesn't read my blog (can you believe it!) so it is safe to post it up a little early, lol.  Here's the new challenge by Danielle Flanders...


And here is my take on it...


When I saw the pattern stamped at the top of the card, it reminded me that I still had this awesome scrap left over from my puddle pad stamping a while back with the Love Life My Acrylix from Close to My Heart.  So far back apparently that I cannot find my blog post about it, lol!  Anyway, I thought I would finally use it to make a card for Snaz.  Isn't the repeating pattern PERFECT?  :)

I used the same colors as in the Muse card, and wanted to include some elements such as the heart and stapled twine.  I also kept it airy with a rounded shape to mount the 8-0 onto.  Kind of cloudish, no?  The shape, balloon, and numbers are all Cricut cuts from the Close to My Heart Artiste Cartridge


I kept right on attaching with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher when I got to the sentiment.  It is stamped in Ruby Ink from a retired Workshop on the GO Chantilly Cardmaking Kit.  On the far left, I stamped a bordering strip with the diagonal lines stamp from In the Background with Goldrush Ink.



I love how this one turned out and had a great time playing along with CASE Study this week.  Can't wait to try this one again.  :)

Happy, happy birthday, Uncle Snaz!!!  







6 comments:

  1. what a lovely birthday card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tasnim! Welcome to my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Fab 80th birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, Leigh, thanks so very much! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!